If you are new in the world of Linux then i today i will tell you what are some great Benefits of Using Linux
1. Cost: It is an open-source, hence it is free. Unless you are running a server at an Enterprise level for that you need Red Hat Linux license but apart from that, it is free. You can download the OS from its official site.
2.Stability. Most of the Enterprise use Linux because OS does not hang at all. Linux can run for years without a glitch(longest i have heard is 14 years without reboot)
3. Flexibility: Unlike windows where all the installation of windows falls under the single partition and if some error occurs if you have to install windows again most of the time, but in Linux, you can keep Linux file under multiple partitions. So even if one partition gets corrupted you will have to repair a single partition without hampering another file on other partition.
4. Security: Its malware-free. You will not require to install any anti-virus program and keep on updating it.
5.More Security: Since to use Linux you should have knowledge of commands. The graphical interface makes OS easier to navigate even for those who are not familiar with command lines but with Linux, navigation becomes difficult. If you fire wrong commands you might screw up your system.
Hence to get the best of Linux you have to have knowledge of commands.
6. Hardware: Linux is perfect for those old computers with barely any processing power or memory you have sitting in your garage or basement collecting dust. Install Linux and use it as a firewall, a file server, or a backup server, Router, etc and list can go on. With windows, you need to purchase Windows Server edition to do this stuff.
7. FREEDOM: The vast majority of Linux software is free and open-source. Not only are you getting the software for no charge, but you have the option to modify the source code and add more features if you understand the programming language. What more could you ask for?